Goats for many hundreds of years in a row are among the most popular Pets. About the benefits of milk is known to many, so more are wondering how to contain and breed on private farm. I have to say, the breeding of goats is simple, but still requires certain knowledge. We will share them with you!
All about goat farming
Breeding goats at home or begins with the purchase of young animals, or with the purchase of a pregnant female or parent stock. It is important to consider the “pedigree” animals, because milk production is largely determined by breed and heredity. You can’t breed closely related animals, as they give a weak unproductive offspring.
Goat it is best to take from high-milk breeding females, because the productivity is determined by the manufacturer. The female should be selected for breeding with a good physique, with correct udders.
To listen the goats the experts recommend in the late summer / early fall, the progeny appeared in February-March. As practice shows, those born in this period, goats are the most resilient and well developed. Also by the time you receive the first green and the period of grazing, the babies will get stronger and be able to go on green feed. Continue reading
Pets and house plants – not always the best combination. You may be surprised, but a fair number of plants, including quite popular home and landscape species that can cause poisoning or even death of a pet. Below we describe only a few from a huge list of plants that can be dangerous. Talk to the vet or try to learn more about the plants that are in your home.
We are not trying to say that these plants and animals cannot coexist. Many cats and dogs will not pay attention on these plants, and even if your pet will get, the plant can not hurt him.
Still, better to be safe beforehand than sorry after. Watch your Pets and what they like to chew, especially for puppies and kittens who usually chew everything within their reach. Use a special spray-repellent, safe for animals and plants to wean the animal to chew on plants, install a decorative fence or wrap large plants from the grid and place them where the animal doesn’t get to them. But if you suspect that your pet still got to dangerous plants, immediately contact the veterinarian or service starovatutinsky assistance. Continue reading
Sunflower (Helianthus annum L.). The sunflower is basically an oilseed crop, but it is often grown for silage, especially in the Northern parts, at least — for green fodder.
Feed use is also obtained from processing of seeds to oil meal and cake, in which the crude protein content reaches 40 %. Fresh, preferably in a mixture with straw, cattle and sheep eat the remaining seeds after threshing baskets (50…60% yield). Share of baskets in the diets, however, should be limited. You can use them to produce having pleasant taste and smell, well eat flour, silaged in pure form and in mixtures with other forages. Flour feed mixed with concentrates in a dry and steamed form. From 1 ton of dry matter of stems and husks of sunflower get about 160 kg of fodder yeast. Sunflower is a good melliferous plant.
Green mass of sunflower seeds contains a lot of water, relatively little protein. Eating animals it should be used. The palatability of green mass is increased after short wilting.
For fodder, sow the sunflower seeds of different varieties. The different height of plants (up to 3…4 m) and large (diameter up to 40 cm) Continue reading